Turf Pride Premium Bed Knives
Turf Pride Bed Knives are available in three thicknesses and are available to fit major brand greens mowers.
Hardness: Rockwell C scale 48 – 49
Material: Spring type steel high carbon content, with chrome/nickel alloys. Polish finish.
Effective Cutting Heights:
- Turf Pride (thin bed knife) 0.100
- Turf Pride (super thin bed knife) 0.075
- Turf Pride (tournament bed knife) 0.050
Straightness: In order to achieve maximum cutting performance, a bed knife must be perfectly straight. Even the slightest bow will result in less than desired performance. A bed knife with a “smile” shape will cut on each end and not along the middle. On the other hand, a bed knife with a “frown” will cut along the middle and not on each end. Turf Pride bed knives are guaranteed to be perfectly straight without the need of grinding after attaching.
Thickness: With the Turf Pride premium knives, the over all thickness from one end to the other is guaranteed not to vary more than .001”. In low cut settings even the slightness difference in thickness will result in a deviation in cutting heights and will be more amplified the lower the cut. Turf Pride Premium bed knives will ensure a true golf ball roll on all putting surfaces.
Hardness: Consistency of hardness is crucial in order to maintain an even and straight wear pattern. This again is critical when mowing at lower heights.
**Updated December, 2012
We are now making a 30 – 40 degree “Manufactured Relief” standard on all of our bedknives.*
- No need to spend time grinding relief, saving dollars.
- Set grinding stone at 2 to 3 degrees negative.
- Then make 2 or 3 passes to establish the “land area” and you’re done.
- Makes mid-season touch up a breeze.
- “Manufactured Relief” is exclusive to TurfPride.